Columbia City Farmers Market Kids TableFriday, July 24th, 2015
Wed, Aug 12, 3-6pm
Invite all the little ones you know to come see Church of Hope at the Farmers Market Kids Table! Please stop by to say hello, help with a craft, and meet some folks from the neighborhood who may not yet know about the great community we’re forming here! Please let Darla know ASAP if you’d like to help host the table.
Rainier Valley Heritage ParadeFriday, July 24th, 2015
Sat, Aug 15, 12-2pm along Rainier Ave. South
Our fabulous little neighborhood parade is coming up on August 15, and Church of Hope will be marching! We’ll be strumming ukuleles, singing, passing out flyers and candy, and smiling and waving at the neighbors. We had a great time marching last year, and would love for you to be part of it this
year! Please let Darla or Jonath know if you’re interested—especially if you’d like to be part of the Uke Corps! We will have a few rehearsals before then to work on some simple songs that are easy to remember and play while walking.
Church HikeFriday, July 24th, 2015
Saturday, August 8
Celebrate Creation this season by getting closer to nature! We will carpool from the church and spend the day on a beautiful hike (appropriate for all ages) in the incredible wild lands of Washington State! Contact Leanne Damborg with questions and RSVPs at email@example.com.
Lutheran Volunteer Corps Support Needed!Friday, July 24th, 2015
We are the support congregation for the LVC Sula House on Beacon Hill. On August 12, 7 new volunteers will arrive in Seattle to spend a year of full-time volunteer service. Come meet them at the annual Welcome Picnic on Sat, Aug 15, 5-8pm at Queen Anne Lutheran Church. (Please RSVP at (Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lutheran-volunteer-corps-summer-welcome-picnic-tickets-17811577909?ref=estw)
We can also welcome them by committing to all of these tasks:
1) Stock the pantry: bring donations of food for their first few breakfasts, lunches, and snacks!
2) Pick volunteers up from SeaTac airport at 10pm on August 12 and take to their new home on Beacon HIll
3) Bring volunteers a hot welcome meal on August 12, 13, and/or 14. You are encouraged to stay for dinner to chat and get to know volunteers!
4) Outdoor outing. Do you hike? Walk on the beach? Could you organize a welcome outing for volunteers in late August or during the month of September?
5) House Supporter/Community Mentors: these generous souls make Seattle home for the new volunteers, meeting with them and supporting their community several times throughout the year. This role is very important to supporting volunteers socially and focuses on the wellbeing of the community, though some community mentors choose to be available to volunteers one-on-one as well.
Please let Darla know ASAP how you’d like to help welcome the LVCers! Darla@Columbiacityhope.org
Season of CreationFriday, July 24th, 2015
This summer (July 26-Aug 16) we are celebrating Season of Creation (seasonofcreation.com) at Church of Hope! This is an alternative lectionary of readings that focus on the created world and our place in it–the peace and majesty of nature, the environmental crisis, the spirituality of wild places. Join us for worship and reflections on a different theme each Sunday: Planet Earth, Humanity, Sky, and Mountain.